Wednesday, 27 July 2016Featured
It was a hard decision at first, especially since the job was alright, and the money was good, so it's going to be a bit strange not having that solid income each month, but I figured... the pressure of not having another job to lean on any more will force me to make this work!
The more and more I think about it, the more I realise that I have made the right decision. I have always wanted to be self employed, mainly for the flexibility, but also the satisfaction of having something that's all my own.
My main thoughts were:
- Do I really want to be sitting in a basement office every day working hard and feeling stressed to make profits for someone else? No.
- Do I want to have to ask for permission to go on holiday, and not always be able to take it when I want to? No.
- Do I want to choose my own hours? YES!
- Do I want to be able to work remotely, from wherever I choose? YES!!
- Do I want to be doing something I love, and be creative every single day? Oh yes, I most certainly do.
So, actually in the end the decision was quite easy. I don't have a mortgage to pay yet, and my rent is relatively cheap, so as long as I can make enough at the start to cover rent and food, I will be happy with that. obviously I hope to grow, and who knows where I will be this time next year?? Well I will keep you updated on how it's going, so watch this space!
It's a huge leap for me, so thank you to everyone who has supported me so far!
Let me know if you have any questions, or if you are pursuing something similar yourself- I would love to hear from you!