Summer is here, yay! No more coats, and no more jumpers in the evenings, bliss! It's time to start holding our parties outside...
Here are some tips for your next outdoor soiree:
1. Just because you are outside, it doesn't mean you should pay any less attention to the decor! Set your table as you would indoors, remember tablecloths, fresh flowers, pretty napkins, and matching plates and glassware.
2. Set up a drinks table, it will look lovely, and save guests from having to keep running indoors to the fridge to get drinks. Buy glass jugs or bottles to decant juices into, and make sure there are no cartons or packaging around. You can make up a batch of your favourite cocktail, and serve from a drinks dispenser, it all adds to the fun!
Don't forget to stock up on ice to keep it all chilled...
3. Use colour! You are outside, and it's hot, so make the most of being able to use as much colour as you can! Mix and match patterns for a more relaxed vintage feel.
4. If your event is in the daytime, remember to use either sun umbrellas, or a canopy to save people from the mid-day sun. You want to guests to feel relaxed and comfortable, not hot and sweaty!
5. Lighting. If your party is in the evening then you need to think about lighting. Candles on the table create a lovely soft glow and add to the atmosphere, you can also use citronella candles which have the added bonus of keeping the bugs away! String (fairy) lights can be used above the table to give extra light, or wrapped around trees/umbrellas as a decorative feature.
I would love to hear any other tips and tricks you have for outdoor entertaining!