This week it was the Interior Design event of the year- Decorex International. Held in Syon Park, London, this Interior Design trade show is the BEST place to discover all the latest trends and new products from leading designers. Obviously there was way too much to take in in just one day, so I decided to go along on both the Sunday and the Monday, and I thought I would share some of my favourite exhibiters with you!
1. De Gournay Hand Painted Wallpapers. De Gournay Create the most beautiful hand painted wallpapers, porcelain, fabrics and furniture, using traditional methods and techniques. My favourite was the blue and white mountain design (second image) It just looks so peaceful- how nice would this be in a (VERY fancy) nursery??
2. Casamance. The panel on the back wall in this photo is what originally caught my eye on this stand, and then I had a rifle through their design files and my god, I love it all! Now I'm not sure how I would feel about this design for the home, as the finish is metallic, but I would love to use this somewhere in a bar or nightclub- the colours are so alive!! This piece is a digital panel from the 'oxy more' collection.
3. Curiousa & Curiousa. Founded by Esther Patterson, I first saw these guys at The Dulux Let's Colour Awards in 2014, where I fell in love with the sweet, unique style of their hand blown glass lights. They are based in Derbyshire, England, and work with local craftspeople and suppliers- got to love a bit of home grown talent!
4. Blackpop. Maxine Hall is the Designer/Director of this awesome British brand! I loved the colours of her textile designs- the collection showcased here was 'The Tudors Deconstructed', which was a collaboration with the National Portrait Gallery. The opulent designs featured are abstracted from world famous Tudor Paintings creating three designs- 'Mary', 'Elizabeth' and 'Henry'.
5. Elitis. Another new favourite designer for me! I loved the textures and radiant colours of their wallpaper designs. Pictured below is one of the designs from the 'Samarcande' collection. I'm really feeling all the bright colours at the moment!
So what did you think? Any favourites? I would love to hear from you so please tweet me or comment below and let me know if you like (or dislike) any of these- or who your favourite exhibitor was if you made it to the show!!
Me posing next to the incredible flower arch at the entrance of the show :)