Remember a while back, I wrote a post about London architecture, and how the Gherkin building- or 30 St Mary Axe- Designed by Lord Foster and Partners, was my favourite building in London? Well, yesterday I was lucky enough to be invited to Searcy’s, right at the top! It was SO amazing- The view was just incredible, we were so lucky that it was such a beautiful day as well!
Some fun facts about the Gherkin building:
- There is only one curved piece of glass in the whole building- the top!
- The bar at the top has 360-degree views over London
- The building is 180 Metres tall
- The tapered shape of the building minimises wind at the base, and ensures you never see the top from below, making the building seem less imposing when standing at the base
- The building is very green, due to the fact that that there is plenty of natural light- reducing electricity costs, and also due to it’s shape which maximises natural air ventilation- saving on air conditioning.