1. I learn something new every day.
While I’m researching each blog post, I am always learning new things, which in turn inspires me for my next post!
2. I get to be creative.
I love to create, it relaxes me and makes me happy- it’s just who I am. Whether I’m painting, writing, designing spaces or curating products, I love that I have the freedom to create what I want.
3. I can choose what I write about.
Being able to choose what you write about is an amazing thing. At Uni or work you are told what to write about, so coming home and having the freedom to write (or not write about) what you want is a huge breath of fresh air.
4. The blogging community is the best. The blogging community has to be by far one of the sweetest, most supportive communities out there. Maybe it’s because so many of us are self employed, but we all know how hard (and awesome) it is to start a business from scratch. I love meeting other bloggers in person- It’s so great to connect with other like minded creatives!
5. My Business.
Once I graduate I am hoping to switch to full time blogging and freelance interior design. My blog has already helped me make loads of great contacts in the design industry, as well as meeting potential future clients. Having an already active web and social media presence will be really helpful when I open my online shop, and it will be great to link to my website!
6. I can do it anywhere in the world.
You can blog from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection and a laptop! I love the freedom of blogging, I know that if we decided to move abroad I would still be able to continue my business,
7. It gives me so many new opportunities.
In the relatively short time I have been blogging I have already been invited to some awesome events and workshops, met so many amazing people, and generally had a wonderful time!
8. It inspires me to be better at everything I am doing.
With every photo I take, every drawing and every blog post I write, I strive to make it better than the one before. I love looking back through my older blog posts and seeing how far I have come. It’s a constant learning curve!
9. I can do it in my pyjamas.
Need I say more?? If I’m not feeling well I can just stay snuggled up under my duvet with a cuppa and get on with my post for the day.
10. To get feedback.
One thing I love about blogging, is the ability to have a comments section under each post. I love receiving feedback from my readers on my work, and every time I read a comment (positive or negative) I learn something new for the next time. As a designer, I want people/clients to love what I create, so it’s great to see the reception some of my posts receive in the comments section or on social media.
So that’s why I love blogging! What are your favourite things about blogging? If you are not a blogger, why do you like to read blogs?
Have a great weekend, everyone!