Hello! It’s finally time for me to reveal the before and after pics of the kitchen makeover I did recently! If you follow me on Instagram (@emilymay_designs) you may have already had a peek at parts of this project, but here’s a closer look…
This project was SO much fun! The kitchen I renovated was tiny, and needed to be completely gutted so I could start from scratch. All the plumbing had to be re-done, with a new boiler and new pipework going in, as well as all the wiring needing to be replaced. There had also been a slow leak, which meant the old floor and cupboards were full of black mould, so nothing could be salvaged, which in a way was great as I had a completely blank canvas to work with! Here is a little peek of what the kitchen looked like before:
Kitchen Makeover: How We Did It.
- Removed all cupboards, sink and oven.
- Removed the boxing covering the old pipework, removed all wall tiles and wood panelling.
- Re-Plastered all walls and ceiling to give a smooth finish.
- Replaced the boiler and radiator, and installed new pipes to the sink area.
- Used a floor levelling screed to smooth the floor surface.
- Painted walls and ceiling.
- Sanded and painted the door to match the colour of the tiles we had chosen.
- Installed new cupboards, and added gold hardware.
- Fitted the oak worktop, bought from eBay.
- Installed ceramic butler sink and Gold Taps, also bought from eBay.
- Tiled the walls (with a little help from my mum!)
- Installed the wood effect vinyl flooring from
And here is another look at the finished result- What do you think? It’s the first time I have ever renovated a kitchen, and I have to say, I’m very pleased with the results!
Wall Paint: Milk Bottle White by Crown Paints
Floor: Wood Effect Vinyl from Carpetright
Door: Non drip Satin Paint from Homebase
Cupboards and Doors from B&Q: Cooke & Lewis Standard cabinets with It Kitchens Brookfield Textured Ivory Style Shaker Doors
Gold Hardware, tap, sink, and worktop, all from eBay.