Designing a kids bedroom is one of the most fun projects you can take on. The design options and ideas that can be used are limitless, giving you the chance to let your creativity run free. In this article, I’m sharing some of the best kids bedroom decor ideas around. These unique ideas are designed to spark the imagination, and create a space where your child loves to spend time and play.
Providing your child with a place to sleep and play is important, and making sure it’s tidy and clutter-free is equally important. Along with making sure the space looks aesthetically pleasing, you should also ensure that there is ample toy storage to help the space stay clean and clutter-free.
Check out these tips to declutter your child’s bedroom to get you started.
It can be tricky trying to design the perfect cute nursery, so here are some ideas to get you started…
Fun Kids Bedroom Colour Blocking Design
Ok, so this isn’t actually a real room… Its an amazing photo-real render by the Russian design firm, IN2Architechture. Isn’t it gorgeous! I’m loving the colour blocking, it’s so simple, but it works so well!
The two-colour combination on the bedroom walls creates two distinct spaces: an area for sleeping and an area for playing.
Colourful Kids Bedroom Design
This design is from Good Homes magazine (2013) by stylist, Charlotte Love. Isn’t it cute?! It’s such a simple design but the colours work really well together, happy vibes!
For kids bedroom decor, you can never go wrong with a splash of colour. And this colourful kids bedroom design is the perfect example of that. From the wall colour to the bedding and even the small details like the rug, everything comes together to create a happy and inviting space.
Pale Pink and Yellow Kids Bedroom Decor
This shared girls room is so sweet! It is designed by Joni from the blog, Lay Baby Lay.
The room has a light and airy feel to it with the pale pink walls and pink and white floral bedding. The photography artwork on the wall is the perfect touch of girlyness!
The striped rug adds a bit of warmth and sunshine to the room.
Overall, the room is very cheerful and would be perfect for any little girl!
Ocean Inspired Nursery Decor
This one is my ultimate favourite- this beautiful nursery was designed by Sarah from the blog ‘Hello Margot’ – see the full design and the inspiration behind it here. I love everything about this room, EVERYTHING! I love the muted colours, the chilled vibe and how it all looks miss matched, yet so perfectly matched. Gorgeous.
Colourful Nursery Design
Check out this cute boys nursery tour over on Apartment Therapy I love the wooden wall here, it makes the space feel so warm.
The colours in the room are really well thought out too, they all compliment each other perfectly. I think this would be a really great space for a little one to grow up in.
Tips for Designing The Perfect Kids Bedroom
Designing a kids bedroom can be both fun and challenging. You want to create a space that is both functional and stylish, while also being age-appropriate and kid-friendly. Here are some tips to help you create the perfect kids bedroom:
1. Keep it simple. When it comes to kids bedroom design, less is often more. Avoid overwhelming your child’s space with too much furniture or décor. Stick to the basics and let your child’s personality shine through with accessories and personal touches.
2. Choose age-appropriate design. When selecting furniture and décor for your child’s bedroom, be sure to choose items that are age-appropriate. For younger children, choose items that are safe and sturdy. For older kids, look for pieces that can grow with them.
3. Incorporate storage. Make sure to include plenty of storage in your child’s bedroom design. This will help keep the space tidy and clutter-free.
4. Have fun with it! Remember, this is your child’s space so have fun with it! Incorporate your child’s favourite colors, themes, and activities into the design.
5. Finally, don’t forget the finishing touches! Wall art, rugs, and throw pillows can all help to tie the room together and make it feel complete.
Check out these unique kids beds to add the wow-factor to your kids bedroom!