Hello! It’s finally time for me to reveal the before and after pics of the kitchen makeover I did recently! If you follow me on Instagram (@emilymay_designs) you may have already had a peek at parts of this project, but here’s a closer look…
This project was SO much fun! The kitchen I renovated was tiny, and needed to be completely gutted so I could start from scratch. All the plumbing had to be re-done, with a new boiler and new pipework going in, as well as all the wiring needing to be replaced. There had also been a slow leak, which meant the old floor and cupboards were full of black mould, so nothing could be salvaged, which in a way was great as I had a completely blank canvas to work with! Here is a little peek of what the kitchen looked like before:
Kitchen Makeover: How We Did It.
- Removed all cupboards, sink and oven.
- Removed the boxing covering the old pipework, removed all wall tiles and wood panelling.
- Re-Plastered all walls and ceiling to give a smooth finish.
- Replaced the boiler and radiator, and installed new pipes to the sink area.
- Used a floor levelling screed to smooth the floor surface.
- Painted walls and ceiling.
- Sanded and painted the door to match the colour of the tiles we had chosen.
- Installed new cupboards, and added gold hardware.
- Fitted the oak worktop, bought from eBay.
- Installed ceramic butler sink and Gold Taps, also bought from eBay.
- Tiled the walls (with a little help from my mum!)
- Installed the wood effect vinyl flooring from
And here is another look at the finished result- What do you think? It’s the first time I have ever renovated a kitchen, and I have to say, I’m very pleased with the results!
Wall Paint: Milk Bottle White by Crown Paints
Duck Egg Blue Tiles: Wellington Blue Ceramic Wall Tiles from B&Q
Floor: Wood Effect Vinyl from Carpetright
Door: Non drip Satin Paint from Homebase
Cupboards and Doors from B&Q: Cooke & Lewis Standard cabinets with It Kitchens Brookfield Textured Ivory Style Shaker Doors
Gold Hardware, tap, sink, and worktop, all from eBay.
Our kitchen is currently in shambles and seeing how you have renovated your Kitchen is truly inspiring. You have done an amazing job, your kitchen looks amazing.