Today I am going to share a tutorial with you on how to make these cute tissue paper pom-pom’s! They make great party decorations for birthday’s, baby showers, or garden parties!
You will need:
- Coloured Tissue Paper
- Cotton or String
1. Take about 8 sheets of tissue paper. The diameter of the pom pom will be slightly smaller than the width of the tissue paper, so just cut the width of the tissue paper to the size you want. The longer the length of the tissue paper will give you fluffier pom pom!
Concertina the pile of tissue paper as though you are making a fan.
2. Fold it in half and tie the middle with a piece of cotton, This is what you will hang the pom pom from, so make sure it’s nice and long! Use the scissors to round off the corners.
3. Fan it out, and very carefully pull the top layer of one side away, and do this one at a time until it starts to look like this:
4. Continue this on both sides until you have a nice fluffy pom pom!
5. Use the string to hang up your pom pom! Now you can make as many of these as you like, they look great if you use different colours and sizes co-ordinating with the scheme of your event!
I made these yesterday to hang over a buffet table at my Mum’s Birthday! I think they looked really cute, and brightened up the room a bit 🙂
Have you ever used tissue paper to make decorations before?
I'm so glad you like it! If you make some please send/tweet me pics, I would love to see how they turn out!
these are so cute and they add such a lovely pop of colour to the room! 🙂 x
Thanks Rachel, glad you like them, they are such cheap and easy decorations, and they make a big impact!